Couples should make sure they meet all Provincial requirements for marriage in Ontario before applying.
Couples who are getting married in Ontario need to download and complete a Marriage Licence Application.
When you visit the office, you will need to bring the following documentation:
- The Marriage Licence Application which will need to be signed and dated by both partners. If only 1 partner is attending, the other partner will need to have signed the form at home
- 2 pieces of government issued identification for each partner. 1 piece of identification must include your photo. If 1 partner is not attending, you are still required to bring their identification. Examples of government issued identification:
- government issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
- valid passport
- record of immigrant landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- valid driver’s licence
- valid Ontario Photo card
The fee for a marriage licence is $125.00 which is payable by cash, cheque or debit.
Subscribe to our News
Stay up to date on the Township's activities, events, programs and operations by subscribing to our News.